QUOTE

Proverbs 15:30, "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart and good news gives health to the bones."
"When you put your faith in others, you can help them reach their potential. And you become an important influencer in their lives."

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

LIVNG MY ADOLESENCE

Oh those years have brought such fond memories. As a child I used to ride bikes, climb trees, play the swings and more. Those years were blissful. Though I had grown through some tough times, I would distinctly remember the good innocent years of my childhood and eventually my adolescent years.

"Mummy", I croaked as my sisters would laugh at my then squeeky voice. It was hard to avoid. PUBERTY... how it came unexpectedly. Big feet and hands... everything seemed so out of proportion. "Mummy, I can't wear that kiddy shirt. I'll like jeans... the ones torn at its knees. Get me the big baggy ones. Everything must be 5 times my size." Those who have grown through the 80's and 90's would understand why the "up sized" clothings. We were into rap music, black hip hop. My mum could never understood why, but she would accommodate me anyway.

There were really some great memories in my adolescent year. I suppose my new found interest in sports were one great memory. I began to enjoy the extra strength. I was still a very skinny kid then. Other things were "girls". I had never observed these magnificent creature God had created. However, that would be another story. I've learnt to respect the ladies now for God has made them beautifully in His image.
I guess, I would ponder further and begin to blog a few episodes of my adolescent years... and my transition into my now 20 something.


I had been blessed nonetheless by the experiences I have gone through. All are significant to me and shaped me. God had been watching me through those years, good and bad, and protected me. No matter how far I had gone, He would still wrap His arms around me n assurance and say, "Welcome home, my beloved son. I'm glad you are safe."


Ecclesiastes 12:1
" Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come...."

No comments: