QUOTE

Proverbs 15:30, "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart and good news gives health to the bones."
"When you put your faith in others, you can help them reach their potential. And you become an important influencer in their lives."

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Are you ashamed?


There are many times I have felt inadequate and wanting to just crawl into a little hole somewhere. Being ashamed of my own identity. When growing up I had a very poor self image. But more then my self image was what I have grown to be passionately in love... Jesus!


When as a youth, there were many times people asked me if I were a Christian. I would not deny my religion, however, my faith and trust in Him was not real. I was ashamed of Jesus. Why?


Luke 9:26

"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the golry of the Father and of His angels."


We will all be faced with the hard question of what and who we believe in. There would be question of our actions. There are the crossroads where people criticise you about your faith, Jesus is asking us this, "Are you ashamed of me?"


I have been at this crossroad and many times felt ashamed of Jesus. Now, I don't want to be silent. How could I when all He has done has changed me and made me new. My life is an adventure of trust and faith in Jesus Christ. I am puzzled at how many of us Christians would remain silent. I notice that lately in almost all my coversations I have choosen to share my journey in Jesus. Though I'm not perfect, it gives me no reason to stop praising Him.


Romans 1:16

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..."


I pray that when you face the delima of choosing to praise Him or be ashamed... that you'll choose Jesus before your own reputation.


Love.Joy.Peace.

No comments: