QUOTE

Proverbs 15:30, "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart and good news gives health to the bones."
"When you put your faith in others, you can help them reach their potential. And you become an important influencer in their lives."

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

WALKING ALONE

I was reflecting on my life and how I get so caught up with my own feelings. I realized that the more I focused on myself, the more isolated I become. Lately, I've been feeling like I've been "walking alone". This obviously isn't true because I've got so many friends by my side willing to go through the journey with me.


Just a few moments ago I was in my office praying and telling God how I felt. I was feeling sorry for myself. Complaining about the people around me makes me feel like a victim... soaked in my self pity. The more I dwelled into the prayer, the more I felt this "ugliness" surfacing. Am I a "grinch"?


I kept going on in my prayer as I complained to God of this lonely journey and said, "Am I to walk a lonely road? God... I'm walking alone! Is everyone so selfish to not notice me?" But deep inside me, I knew it wasn't the people or the surroundings. It was me... my self-centredness and self-righteousness was surfacing. I had become a "monster", a "grinch". I had been feeding my mind and emotions with such deceitful lies that I was walking alone. That I am carrying this cross and only I know this suffering. How silly is that? It is completely untrue!

My complaining to God was like a snow ball. The more I complained, the more I seemed to be able to gather more of it. Most of my time with people seemed the same. I would complain about my life, and would suggest that others were the ones making the awful mistakes. I never saw the plank in my eye as I was trying to remove the speck in the eyes of those around me.

Now... why am I walking alone again?

It was mostly due to the fact that I was overly self-righteous. I regarded myself better than my peers. I was the one who had distanced myself from those around me and not them.

But I thank the Lord that He is able to show me my failures and help me each day to accept others around me. For those who are walking alone, maybe you need to reevaluate and consider whether you have distanced others from yourself because you are too proud to accept them for who they are.

When Jesus was walking on earth. He did not impose Himself on others, rather He served them. He was meek and considered Himself nothing. He condemned no one accept those who claimed to be righteous. For everyone else, He gave grace that they may understand that there is no longer condemnation for those who are in Him. Since Jesus himself lived among people who are full of shortcomings without imposing Himself upon them, how else should we (I) be treating others like me?


I AM NOT WALKING ALONE!!

No comments: