QUOTE

Proverbs 15:30, "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart and good news gives health to the bones."
"When you put your faith in others, you can help them reach their potential. And you become an important influencer in their lives."

Saturday, February 16, 2008

One Legged!

I never thought it would end up like this. Yes, I've fractured my right knee. How? Well, its the obvious... BASKETBALL! I'm now on cruthces and with a cast that has isolated my entired right leg. I've never felt so hadicapped in my life. This happened on the 14th February... ironic!

The sense of helplessness is not something I enjoy having. The first day wasn't too bad. I like the attention and the help but after a day of that, I just want my leg back.

Helplessness... I somewhat understand how a disabled person would feel. Its frustrating to not be able to do things yourself. Though its only a leg for me, it has caused me to think quite a bit. I believe this would be a journey to learn from. Learning to accept others assistance and the fact that I can't do it all is a humbling lesson to get out of this. I'm still trying to understand how I can learn from my injury and apply its principles, however, I'm glad its just a fracture and not a permanent injury.

One thoughtthough... am I able to give up basketball and move on to something more productive after this?

Thank you, "Angel" for making my injury enjoyable. I'm glad I have you to help me and instruct me.

And Linus, thanks a bunch for bringing me all around to get my leg checked up. A true friend indeed.

No comments: