QUOTE

Proverbs 15:30, "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart and good news gives health to the bones."
"When you put your faith in others, you can help them reach their potential. And you become an important influencer in their lives."

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE..."

Its quite a challenge when we need to consider the things that are important in our lives. Lately, I find it more challenging since I've taken the role of a youth worker in my church. The transitions are not as smooth as I wanted it to be but, this is a tough world and somehow I just need to adapt.

One of the hardest thing to adapt to is the fact that people tend to forget that you're a person and focus on the "job" - meaning that we are related to based on the job we do, like the sick going to a doctor. I know I'm guilty of doing this to others as well. However, the pressure is consistent and just being a youth worker seems to make people feel either they're not worthy or I'm not worthy to be a person and a friend. This may not be true, but this is just how I feel about it.

As a youth worker or pastor, I'm expected to be on my toes at most times. I should know what's happening and like a magician that would pull rabbits out of a hat, I must have plans for everything I do. It may not be perfect but I do try.

A really good friend of mine prayed this, "Jesus, help Stephen to be a leader that we need him to be."

I think it was a very profound and powerful prayer, but it also tells me that there are certain expectations I've yet to understand and grow into. I wouldn't try to fulfil these expectation, rather I'd learn to grow into them. I praise the Lord for the friends that are constantly supporting me. There are times, however, I feel completely lost. Obviously, everyone's been here. It does hurt sometimes when people put a label on me... then again, I must accept it and work toward improving myself. I can't change what people think about me, but I can change my attitude and be thankful.

In the midst of loneliness, I've wanted to feel pity for myself. I realise how selfish I would be because I hadn't given a chance to others to encourage and build me. I know I do have friends. I love them. Though they may not completely understand what I'm going through.... they are still here! And I love them for being who they are!

Someone said this once, "Give others a chance to encourage and compliment you."


"I need to put a new picture here... of my friends of course"


No comments: