QUOTE

Proverbs 15:30, "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart and good news gives health to the bones."
"When you put your faith in others, you can help them reach their potential. And you become an important influencer in their lives."

Friday, December 18, 2009

CUTS AND BRUISES

16 December, on the way back from Miri, I was at the Sg. Tujuh Immgration Checkpoint waiting for the passport clearance to enter back into Brunei, I fell into a 'long kang' i.e. a drain. It wasn't a big drain at all. A very small narrow drain.

Basically, I was just standing at the immigration booth waiting to get the passports back from the officer when I noticed my wife. So I decided to walk back to her. However, instead of walking, I ran. My eyes were locked on my target. I had only one intention. It was to get to her. Unaware of my surrounding and the impending doom that awaits, there it was the 'long kang', able and ready to lure its victim into its pit of darkness. In a matter of seconds, I was caught in its trapped. I've fallen in the pit that claimed my leg. My reflexes caused me to react without any hesitation. I leaped out of the 'long kang' and freed my leg from being devoured. There I stood in front of my wife, feeling rather humiliated that I was easily entrapped by such a thing as a 'long kang', acting cool not noticing the horror that I've received; a deep wound inflicted by the 'long kang'.

FIVE STITCHES was all I needed to patch the wound... but how fortunate I was, I didn't fall on my face!

I'm glad all is well and Praise Jesus for keeping us safe! :) Amen.

No comments: